4. Who are the people that you look up to?
"Over the years, I’ve had several individuals that have always provided me with encouragement and emotional support in the industry. With regards to mentors absolutely, I have many. I have had the privilege of being employed in a variety of work environments, all of which have given me tremendous learning and enriching experiences, individuals that I continue to remain in contact with even today, not only to share my successes but to also seek their advice and guidance. My biggest inspirations I'd have to say are my students, I love seeing them succeed."
5. What does a typical day in your life look like?
"I have 2 kinds of days; lashing days with clients and administrative days which also includes a balance of physical activities and spirituality."
6. Are you a home-based lash artist or a storefront lash business?
"I am a home-based lash artist."
7. What is most challenging and most rewarding about being a lash artist?
"The most challenging aspect of lashing is constantly keeping up with all the new trends in the industry. The most rewarding is the balance of clients and continuing my own personal growth and learning."
8. Being an entrepreneur is not always easy, we face many challenges in all aspects of running and growing a business. What challenges have you ran into with your business, and what have you learned from it?
"Running and growing a business can be equally challenging and rewarding. I believe that there is tremendous learning in the challenges that come to us, they provide us with the opportunity to pause and evaluate what is beneficial and what areas we could possibly do things differently."
9. What is your favourite thing about your workspace?
"I love that I have the flexibility and autonomy to work from a home-based business."
10. What is one piece of advice you could share when it comes to lashing your client's set? (e.g., a tip or trick you do that makes all the difference in the outcome of your work.)
"Patience, patience and more patience. Continue to research new techniques and training. Be mindful when researching training opportunities that the instructor has equal to or more training than you have to ensure your continued success."
11. What is one piece of advice you would say to someone wanting to become a lash artist?
"DON’T give up, follow your dreams and stay positive! Someone who believes in themselves, and continue to try even when they think they will never get there. I had a student who was struggling a lot and it took her maybe 3 years to start seeing improvement in her classic lashes and she kept giving it her all and I'm so proud of how far she’s come. It also taught me that you can do anything you put your mind too. It just might take longer for some, and you know what.. that's ok, because if you love what you do, it will be worth it in the end."
Thank you Adrienne, for sharing your story! Be sure to visit Adrienne's Instagram page @leyelika 😍
Let us always be reminded to share with love and aim for creating community over competition. I promise you, we will all grow bigger and brighter together.
Want more Stories Of A Lash Artist? Subscribe to receive new blog posts! If you want to be featured, tell us your story. Contact us and we'd love to send you the Lash Artist Interview Package!